Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A most excellent visitor!

Just when we thought Memorial Day Weekend was over, guess who we got to see on Monday night? Walter Cou Kung, who came to visit us all the way from Lagos, Nigeria!


You might remember that Walter Cou Kung visited us once before, about three years ago. I was a bit younger than Everett is now at that time (though I seem to have enjoyed french fries then as much as Everett does now...), and Everett was still inside Mommy's tummy, so he had not had an official opportunity to meet Walter Cou Kung until now.

While last time Walter Cou Kung came to visit us in Brooklyn, this time we went to Manhattan, since he was staying on the 27th floor of the very swank Essex House Hotel on Central Park South, with sweeping views of the park. Everett and I couldn't get enough of those views!


We could even see the playground we went to just a week ago with Dziadek, and with Auntie Alison, Josephine Pau-Pau and Desmond Kung-Kung on New Year's Day. Can you see the big rock outcroppings in the bottom-left corner of this picture? Those are the ones that Everett and I love to climb whenever we get a chance, but they look so much smaller from up here...


Once we got our fill of the views, Walter Cou Kung took us out for a delicious Italian dinner, where Everett and I had some great pizza, which Everett in particular seemed to enjoy.


Thanks for visiting us, Walter Cou Kung, and for the great dinner, and the super-great gifts (those might require a blog post all to themselves - all Everett and I could keep saying most of the evening was "we love our gifts"...)

No comments: