Thursday, May 31, 2012

Return to the Big Apple Circus

Long time readers of the blog might remember that I went on a class trip to the Big Apple Circus in May of last year. Last year I went with Ciocia Olga, but this year Ciocia had a big job interview at JP Morgan on the day of the circus, so I got to go with Daddy instead!


But besides the change in chaperones, everything else was pretty much as last year, which is how I like it. First, we took a school bus for a long ride to Queens, where the Big Apple Circus tent is set up right now. After the long ride, my classmates and I couldn't wait to get some exercise and play in the fresh air (and try to get away from our parents...)



But when our getaway plan failed, we just made some silly faces instead.


Then into the big tent we went, with great seats as always - front and center.


Then time for the show. Like last year, there were acrobats and trapeze artists and galloping stallions and lots and lots of other acts. I loved every one!


After the show, we got back on the bus for the long ride home, so I settled in for an afternoon snack...


And then a quick nap...


All the better to be rested, since once we got to school, guess what was waiting for us?!


Yes! Our school actually rented a Mister Softee truck for us, and everyone got to have a delicious frozen treat, even the parents.


I enjoyed my ice cream with some of my favorite girls (each of whom has been my girlfriend at one point or another this year...)


Meanwhile, Daddy went to pick up Everett down the street - and since Mister Softee was still there when they came back for me AND still giving away free ice cream to all the kids from our school AND since Everett technically goes to my school as well (even though his class is too young to go on a bus trip yet), well...

No comments: