Saturday, April 10, 2010

100 (well, almost...)

As you may remember, one of my New Year's resolutions for 2010 was to learn how to count to 100. Well, I'm glad to report that even though we're just a bit more than a quarter way into the new year, I'm more than half way to my goal...


Some of you may notice two things in the video:

1. I'm counting in Polish;

2. I'm only counting to 29, which is technically less than 1/3 of the way to 100, not half way.

As to point #1 - my resolution never stated which language I'd learn to count in, so I picked Polish as the one to get started. And as to point #2, the way I figure it, I'm more than half way to my goal because I already learned the hardest parts: the single digits through 10, the teens through 20, and the structure of counting 20-29. Now all I have to learn are the numbers on the tens, ie, 30, 40, 50... and on through 90 (that's what Daddy is helping me with in the video; the last one that I do by myself is "sto", or 100, which I learned a long time ago because I thought it sounded funny when I say it really loud.) Anyway, learning the 10's can't be that hard, can it?

So now with my goal in sight and my confidence built up a little, I'm thinking of upping the ante a bit, and either:

- trying to learn to count to 100 in Polish by half-way through the year (that would be by June 30, which as it happens is Mommy's birthday and I'm thinking that would make a great birthday present);

- or trying to learn to count to 100 in all three of my languages - English, Cantonese and Polish - by the end of the year.

Which do you think I should do? (And don't say both, since I need to also set aside plenty of time and energy for much harder resolutions, like numbers 1, 3 and 6...)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations, Jasper! Maybe, you could learn 1-30 in all 3 languages by July 1???

olga said...

wow Jasper! that sounds great:)