I know that there are many of you that are interested and concerned about my food allergies and sensitivities. It's been an ongoing adventure and I know that it's frustrating for Mommy and Daddy sometimes. They hover over me when I eat in order to watch for any sign of an allergic reaction. I think that Mommy is afraid that I'm going to end up as a boy in a bubble.Here's a list of things that I'm allergic to. We all know about the bananas and avocados, but I'm also allergic to egg, kiwi, and sesame. That's what we know so far from my allergy tests. It also looks like I might be sensitive to latex as you saw from my surgery post. But Mommy won't let me eat stuff that she's allergic to like nuts and shellfish. She's also weary of some legumes, like peas and lentils, since she's allergic to them. Oh well. I might be sensitive to wheat but we're not sure yet as I haven't tried bread yet. I know, can you imagine life without bread?? It's sad.
I know that it might seem like there is a limited range of food that I can eat but I do get quite a variety of fruit, vegetables, protein, dairy and grains. And I really enjoy my food and have a healthy appetite. I'm also quite amusing to watch when I'm eating and devouring my food.
Some of my favorites, in no particular order:CHEESE - any and all kinds tho' I haven't tried the stinky stuff yet
yogurt yogurt yogurt
green beans - I eat them like french fries, one after the other stuffed in my mouth
pancakes - all kinds like barley, broccoli and cheddar, ricotta
rice crackers with cream cheese - I go bonkers over those
cereal - oatmeal and oatbran
turkey and chicken slices
grilled cheese
turkey meatballs and spaghetti
mac and cheese
roasted cauliflower
sweet potato and french fries
dried apricots and apples
last but not least, baby cheez doodles courtesy of Ah-Boo - did you really think that Mommy would let me eat those?
1 comment:
Touchdown! Your menu sounds way better than mine, and I have no allergies.
Post a Comment