Sunday, June 3, 2012

City Stomp Live... Again

As you all probably know by now, Kevin, our music teacher at school, also has a band and he plays some gigs around the neighborhood. Kevin has been my music teacher since I started going to preschool three years ago, and Everett and I have become City Stomp Live groupies - I don't think that we've missed a concert yet, like the Halloween concert of 2010 or the sold-out concert event at Littlefield last year. Kevin even came to do a mini-concert at our house for my 3rd birthday!  

So, of course, when we heard Kevin and his band were having another concert at Littlefield today, we weren't about to miss it.


While Everett was happy hanging out with Mommy and Daddy in the back, I've done this enough times to know that real rock fans go right up in front of the stage, which is of course what I immediately did. All the better, since I ran into some of my friends up there, including another of my girlfriends, Eliza...


As you might remember from another of the Kevin concerts we went to in the past, Kevin includes the most enthusiastic fans, those doing the most dancing, in his songs. Of course, since I know this, I'm always sure to be the most enthusiastic fan there!


Not only that, but today, for the first time, I also built up the courage to sing into the microphone, on one of my favorite of Kevin's songs - "Punk Rock Itsy Bitsy Spider." (If you turn your volume up, you can hear my voice in the video.)


The one thing that I forgot to mention was today's concert revolved around Kevin's famous "Dinosaur Song," and there was a whole supply of dinosaur masks waiting for us at the concert too. While Everett and I were a little too shy to wear them at the actual show, we wouldn't take them off once we got home. Including wearing the masks during dinner and while we watched TV. 



Rooooar!!!!

No comments: