Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Preschool Graduation!

It's true what they say - time flies when you're having fun. And I sure was having fun in preschool, so much fun that I barely noticed that three years have gone by. But indeed they did go by, and so yesterday - my preschool graduation day - was a tad bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm officially, a big kid, going off to kindergarden  next year, but on the other hand, I'm sad to be leaving my teachers and some of my friends, who will be going off to different schools.


But at least I was glad to have one last party with all of them, and what a party it was, full of excitement, songs, decorations, food and of course, friends and family! 


Both Mommy and Daddy came to the graduation, of course - 


Daddy brought his video camera and spent the entire ceremony perched upon a bench in the back filming, all the better to capture all the musical numbers my friends and I performed...


Like this one, about one of the most important lessons we learned in preschool - that the wise old man built his house upon a rock, while the foolish man built his house upon the sand...


But that wasn't the only musical interlude. We sang and sang and sang for all the parents and other attendees. Truth be told, by the end of our performance, I was getting a bit bored, as you'll see in this medley I put together...


But luckily, before long the big moment came - the distribution of diplomas! I was so excited to get mine!


I was so happy to share my accomplishment with Mommy and Daddy.


And then it was time for goodbyes, first to my very favorite teacher ever, Marina -


And then to the best music teacher in the world (and quite possibly the best musician in the world, if you ask me), Kevin -


And of course to all my girlfriends, some of whom I'll continue to see in summer camp, some of whom will join me in kindergarden next year, and some of whom will go to different schools, so I'll only see on the playground or if we set-up playdates -


But it wasn't all sad goodbyes, we also had plenty of time to party and dance and have lots and lots of fun. I even invited Marina out on the dance floor to shake a move with me!


I'm really going to miss preschool, but plan to keep in touch with all my friends and teachers, and hope to see Marina next year and especially the year after that, when Everett will be in her class!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Nice arm tattoo!