Friday, May 25, 2012

"Chalk boxes"

You know how Jasper and I love to make chalk art on the sidewalk outside our house? Well, this week I invented a new sidewalk chalk game...


It's called "chalk boxes." First, you draw as many boxes with sidewalk chalk as you can...


And then you race to fill each of the boxes with whatever objects as you have at hand... 


The best part is that it's a team game, so Jasper and I both get to participate (though don't ask me why the objects I have on hand include multiple guitar picks, several toy cars, a bunch of pennies, some "jewels" and a random marker... that's just how I roll...)


I have a feeling we'll be playing plenty more chalk boxes over the long holiday weekend. Though we're skipping town for Dziadek and Babcia's house, where you play "driveway" chalk instead (and I hear there may be some "driveway paint" involved as well, we'll have to see what that's all about.) 

Have a great long weekend, everyone!

No comments: