I have a new girlfriend, and I really like her! Her name is Maggie, and you might recognize her from the last picture in this post (where the more observant among you might have noted that we are holding hands at school :-)
Maggie and I have become really good buddies, and we are each other's favorite after-school play dates (emphasis on "date" - hee, hee.) Better yet, not only do we play date often, but we do "drop-off play dates" - ie, only one set of parents is present, while the other set is not around. So, when I go to Maggie's house for a playdate, Mommy and Daddy don't come along. And when Maggie comes over to our place, her Mommy or Daddy don't come. As a matter of fact, often Maggie just comes home with us straight from school, and her Mommy then picks her up right before dinner, and visa versa.
Such was the case yesterday, a day that started out rainy and cool (hence the umbrellas and rainboots), but turned sunny and warm by the afternoon.
Maggie and I were super excited for our latest playdate (and so was Everett, who's not quite ready for his own drop-off playdates yet), and couldn't wait to get to our house.
Our first activity upon getting home was some sidewalk chalk art, one of my current favorite sunny day activities - made extra easy and tempting by the super wide sidewalk right in front of our house.
Once we got bored of the chalk, we headed upstairs, where Maggie and I decided to stage a puppet show - just like the puppet shows we get to go see with our class at school all the time. Here's the stage, with the curtain still down...
Oh wait, curtain rising - the show is about to begin!
This particular play was about a duck and a bunny falling in love...
It's based on a real life story...
I won't say any more beyond that - except maybe this:









No comments:
Post a Comment