Thursday, November 17, 2011

Not so exciting...

Some of you may have noticed that Everett and I have fallen a bit behind on blog posts in the last few days. Well, the truth is, that in this period after our California vacation but before Thanksgiving and the holidays, there isn't a whole lot going on to blog about. Yes, it's true - our lives don't feel all that exciting.

But Mommy and Daddy reminded us that it's NaBloPoMo and that we have a responsibility to post everyday, so we've decided to show you just how un-exciting our lives are during this transitional period by taking you through a typical day in our lives...

So, of course it all starts when we wake up in the morning. Everett is an early riser, and since I like to sleep in, I wasn't able to get any pictures of him waking up. But all too often, and way too early, Everett likes to come into my room before I'm ready or fully awake to get our day started. Such was the case a couple of days ago...

Let's just say this is one habit I wish he'd break. But I can't really blame him - he's always so happy to see me and eager to get started playing, so that we can get some time with our toys before it's time for breakfast and school. On this particular day, Everett's first activity was pasting his new stickers, which he got just the day before from 4 Yee-Pau when she came over, all over his new dog, which he got earlier this week at Ikea.

(Note that he's not even out of his pajamas yet - so why is he waking me up already?!) Usually I just watch what Everett is doing on the floor from my perch in the top bunk bed...

But before long the grogginess wears off, we get changed into our clothes for the day, and then squeeze in a few more minutes of playtime together. 

Then, it's breakfast time - we eat something different each day to give us plenty of energy for our day. Sometimes it's oatmeal, sometimes waffles, sometimes yogurt, sometimes pancakes, sometimes cereal... well, you get the idea...

 
Then, our favorite part of the morning - TV time! I usually watch Curious George on the big TV in the living room, but Everett has gotten bored of that show, and prefers to watch and learn his ABC's on YouTube in his room.

Everett l-o-v-e-s his ABC's and phonics, just like I did when I was around that age, so maybe he'll be an early reader like me.

By the time our TV shows are over, it's time for school. By this point, we're usually in a bit of a rush, so we get dressed as quickly as we can (though Mommy and Daddy would likely dispute that...) and off to school we go! 

I won't recount our school days, since both Everett and I have already done that recently, but instead will let Everett take it from here to tell you about our afternoons in tomorrow's blog.

No comments: