Continuing in the spirit of Christmas, we put up our Advent calendar (about a week late) and went to get a Christmas tree. I was a little bit confused when I saw Daddy lugging home a tree. Trees are supposed to live outside, not inside of the house silly. But he went ahead and set it up right in our living room.

Mommy and Daddy have been teaching me about different Christmas traditions. They told me that every December, we get a tree to celebrate Christmas and to help get us in the Christmas spirit. It's a tradition. We decorate it with pretty lights and ornaments. I thought it would be nice to decorate the tree with my stacking cups. What do you think? But then Mommy and Daddy showed me the real ornaments. Many of the ornaments are from when Mommy was young or have sentimental value; they were either made by friends or purchased on a special trip. Mommy said that each year, I'll get my own special ornament for the tree and we'll decorate the tree together. Here I am putting the first ornament on the tree! In case you're wondering, that's a Yoda ornament.

But then I told them that "I know what Christmas is really all about." I've been watching a lot of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and listening carefully to what Linus has to say.
Lights please...
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Now I just have to memorize it.
3 comments:
J - don't worry about memorizing Linus' speech...the more important thing is to choose which character you want to dance like. I suggest Franklin. Your mother likes to be one of the twins.
I think you can master Violet's dance. Your Cou-fou can't. And remember, your tree needs you. It just needs a little love, and ornaments that are not too heavy. And tell your mother to work on her spelling.
If only your Yee-Ma could spell. Doesn't she know that you spell Co-Fu like this? And, not sure what she is referring to about not mastering Violet's dance. Doesn't your Yee-Ma remember the wedding?
Post a Comment