As some of you may know, Mommy is away this weekend, and I'm home alone with Daddy. What I didn't know is that Daddy has a very different parenting style when Mommy is away... Daddy calls it "learn from experience"... you might even call it "laissez fare." I'm not sure what Mommy would call it, but I must admit that I find this new freedom from rules refreshingly liberating...
Making the most of this new found freedom, I decided to explore the house a bit while Daddy was taking one of his many weekend naps. I wanted to do all the things I'm not allowed to do when Mommy is here.... and sure enough, I learned lots of lessons, just as Daddy said I would...
Here are some examples -
Don't eat the dirt in the flower pots...

...it doesn't taste so good.
Don't play with scissors...

... you might get cut.
Don't stick a fork in the electrical socket...

... you might get shocked.
And definitely don't drink too much beer...

... you may get drunk and fall on your head...

Oh boy, that last one hurt! I hope Mommy is back soon so we can go back to learning life's rules by her example again... Daddy's way may not be so refreshing after all!
3 comments:
Well Jasper, I see that you don't miss me at all. I hope that you and Daddy are getting it all out of your system now while I'm away. I can assure you that things will be a bit different once I'm home.
Mommy
Boy Jasper - Mommy sounds mad! Make sure you open your eyes wide and smile real big when she gets home. Then she'll forget all about the scissors and the beer!
I agree with Yee-Ma. I'm sure she will forgive you once you remind her how cute you are. Anyway, this is what she gets for going on vacation without you.
Post a Comment