First, it was Everett who developed a cough that he just can't seem to be able to shake. It got to the point where he borrowed my nebulizer so that he could try to open up his airways a little to make it easier to breathe with all the coughing he's been doing.
I wasn't too thrilled to be there at first - I mean, who wants to spend a weekend morning at the hospital...
But once the doctor on duty checked me out, I decided that it was a good time to catch up on some of the sleep that I missed at night.
Even though all my vitals seemed fine, and the doctor felt I was probably OK, there was enough concern about my condition that it was decided I should get some additional tests to make sure there was no hidden damage. Which led do this -
That's right - my very first (and I hope only) brain CAT Scan. Can you believe the big machine that my head went into? While it might look scary, I wasn't scared at all. As a matter of fact, the technician complimented me on being probably the best behaved kid he ever scanned. He said all the other kids squirm around, or try to get out of the machine or cry while the imaging is going on, but I laid still and didn't complain at all. As a matter of fact, I kind of enjoyed getting my "brain X-ray" (as Daddy described it to me.)
And best of all, the results were great - my brain is nice and healthy. Here, see for yourself -
Kinda' looks like a walnut, huh? (No comments, please...) Here are some close-ups -
Even though everything is fine, I hope to not get injured again, and certainly not to ever fall on my head again, and that Everett feels better soon. But if either of us does by chance wind up getting sick or injured again, I hope that Apple keeps coming up with new modes of entertainment to pass the time!
BTW, did anyone notice that Bunny didn't leave my side for even a second during my entire time in the hospital? He even got CAT-Scanned with me - is that even allowed?! In either case, I'm sure his brain was just as healthy as mine, even though no one seemed too concerned...But Bunny did have a pretty traumatic day today himself. After we returned home from the hospital, Bunny had to have SURGERY! He had a skin tag on his ear and Yee-Ma fixed it for him. We're both recovering comfortably at home.





No comments:
Post a Comment