Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quack Quack

Since the weather has been getting much cooler in New York lately, Jasper and I have grown concerned about the Mallard family that lives in the lake in Prospect Park - especially whether they'll be able to get enough food this winter. Daddy has assured us that they will, but we wanted to give them a little treat anyway, so one day after school we packed a baggy full of Cheerios and headed down to the lake.

It didn't take long for us to find the Mallards - or, I should say, for the Mallards to find us (since they apparently know exactly what it means when two little boys with bags in their hands approach their lake...)


We set about feeding the Mallards immediately, and they sure seemed to enjoy the Cheerios.


As a matter of fact, they enjoyed it so much, that they soon started coming out of the water and right up to us!


I hope you enjoyed your treat, Mallard family.


See you next time.


Quack-quack!

No comments: