Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Big boy bed

Very exciting news in Everettville! I recently moved out of my crib and into a big boy bed! Why, you ask? Because I'm a big boy now, of course, silly :-)

The first step of my big move was to go to IKEA with Mommy and Daddy to pick out my sheets, pillow and comforter. I almost immediately honed in on the set with cars and trucks on it.

What do you think, how does it compare to the sheets Jasper picked out for himself when he first moved into his big boy bed

Of course, when Jasper first moved into a big boy bed, he had a room to himself, but the other big news is that I'm now sharing a room with my big brother! Do you remember when Jasper got a new bed a while back? You might have noticed that it was actually two beds, set-up semi-bunk style, and now you know why - one was meant for me! I had to try it out as soon as we got home from IKEA and got the new sheets on.

But I wasn't quite ready to go to sleep yet (despite what it might look like in the above picture.) No, first, I had to make my "Sleep Rules" sign. 

My sleep rules are pretty straight forward. In case you can't see them clearly, they are:
1. Stay in bed
2. Close our eyes
3. Stay very quiet
4. Go to sleep

Oh, wait - there's a fifth rule? Indeed there is - but that's the one I'm choosing to ignore for now: "Wake up at 6:30am." Who can sleep that long, when there are exciting things happening in the world as early as 5am?! 

But I am very good with the other three rules, and slowly getting better with my wake time as well. Especially now that all my friends have joined me in my bed, I don't mind sleeping a little extra so that I don't disturb them or Jasper (to say nothing of Mommy and Daddy in the room next door.)

I think I'm going to like this new arrangement!

1 comment:

Juno said...

Way to go Everett! I thought for sure you would choose the same sheets as me and your brother.