Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Curious George Visits Manhattan

As I think Everett mentioned yesterday, and as you might have been able to tell from some recent posts, this week we're in New Jersey at "Babcia and Dziadek camp", which, as I'm sure you can imagine, is great fun.

But right before we left for camp, Mommy took us to another really fun place - the Curious George exhibit at the Manhattan Children's Museum! We'd never been to the children's museum in Manhattan before (we always go to the one in Brooklyn), and the Curious George exhibit was an extra special bonus (Mommy said it was "almost" worth the one hour drive in bumper to bumper traffic...)

But I thought it was TOTALLY worth it - not only because of all the snacks Mommy was forced to feed us in the car to keep us calm, but because I love Curious George! I watch Curious George cartoons on TV almost every morning, and I ask Mommy or Daddy to read me one of my many Curious George books almost every night. And now Everett and I were immersed in all things Curious George for a whole morning!

We got to wander around Curious George's neighborhood...

And ride in the same yellow taxi Curious George always winds up getting into trouble in...

We picked flowers in George's garden...

And even got into a little Curious George-type trouble by playing hide-and-go seek with Mommy (but without telling her that's what we'd be doing, to make it more fun...)

Besides Curious George, we also visited a few other exhibits at the museum, and my favorite was the Karaoke performance stage, where I belted out a terrific rendition of Queen's "We will rock you!"

(Much to Mommy's delight, I continued belting it out in the car all the way home...)

That was a great morning with Curious George. Thank you, Mommy, for bringing us here. Shall I sing 'We will rock you' for you one more time?! Would everyone else like to hear and see it as well?

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'd like a video, please! Why didn't you come visit me while you were in the neighborhood?

olga said...

I'd like a video and to hear you sing!