Thursday, April 7, 2011

Latest Art Work

Poor little Everett. He doesn't know what he's missing out on with the whole wheat thing. Luckily, he doesn't know better and he seems to be coping OK. 

I realized that it's been a while since I've shared my art work with you. I've come a long way from the scribbling stage of drawing and a primary interest in color. I'm now experimenting with various techniques and incorporating more symbolism and narrative into my work. Have a look for yourself!

It was Dr. Seuss' birthday in March. In school, we spent a lot of time reading all the Dr. Seuss books, making up silly stories and drawing. Here's my drawing on Yertle the Turtle day. Look how many turtles I managed to stack on top of each other - 9!

And now, since it's April, we're learning all about April showers, raindrops and rainbows. This is one from this week. It's a picture of me and Mommy walking to school with our umbrellas.

Some of you may not know but I LOVE rainbows. I think that they are so beautiful with all their different colors. I like drawing rainbows a lot using markers, crayons and watercolors. Probably my favorite motif.

At school, I get to try out some different media too - things that you would never think of for making art. I've painted with toothbrushes, I've painted with sand and glitter, I've created paintings together with a friend. Here, I got to paint with frozen paint. Who would have thought? I decided to be a bit more abstract in this piece.

And what artist portfolio would be complete without a self-portrait. Here's one from a few months ago. I've been updating them at regular intervals. Don't worry. I will try to gather them all together and put together a series for you. Mommy likes my hair in this one.

And, of course, I had to draw a portrait of Everett too! I mean, he's always around.

1 comment:

olga said...

They're all really good Jasper, I especially like the turtles. I had no idea Everett had such long fingers.