Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jasper the Builder

March is birthday party season. All my old friends - from Mommy's Mommy group days - were all born around the same time in March. That means that throughout the month, every Saturday and Sunday is booked with a birthday party. Last weekend, I got to help Sierra celebrate her birthday. We went to a cool place called Construction Kids where we got to build things...with REAL TOOLS. Like real hammers and nails - something that Mommy would never let me do. We all listened very closely to Deb the teacher as she told us how to properly handle our tools.

Then, I practiced my hammering skills on a piece of styrofoam.

After we practiced for a while and tried out a few different types of nails, we had a chance to build our very own car. I added four wheels and then a cool spoiler with pipe cleaner-smoke tuff streaming out from the back. I then decorated the car with lots of different colors.

When we were finished, we had a chance to explore some other projects around the space including this cool log cabin with my friends Annie and Maya. Happy Birthday Sierra!!

No comments: