Friday, November 5, 2010

Allergist Visit Part 2

So, it seemed simple enough. Go to the allergist and get a flu shot. Not so fast. First, before giving me the shot, the doctor had to do a skin test to see if I would react to egg. Guess what - I got a nice big hive. Looks like I'm following in Jasper's footsteps with an egg allergy. So, I had to receive my flu shot in 2 doses - a small dose first to make sure I wouldn't have a reaction and then the rest of the shot. Then, since I was already here, the doctor decided to draw my blood for an allergy test. That way, we'd have the results when I come back for my first real appointment with the doctor at the end of the month. Needless to say, I was not happy. Come back at the end of the month to find out what the allergy tests say.

No comments: