Well, so here were are - back home in Brooklyn (after a four hour delay at the Milwaukee airport last night, which did not make anyone happy...) But before our Milwaukee 2010 trip fades away into our memories, I thought I'd do one last post to include some of the things that didn't make it into ours or Juno's blog from Milwaukee.
First off, I wanted to show off the swank place where we stayed - you see, instead of staying in a hotel, we rented an apartment from one of Auntie Tracy's neighbors at her Harbor Front condominium building. Daddy says that people always make fun of him for wanting to go to Milwaukee, but take a look at this view from our balcony - water view, power boats and yachts, pool...
Everett and I spent lots of time basking in the sun on that balcony, enjoying the view of the boats coming and going to and from Lake Michigan through the channel -
But we didn't spend nearly as much time on the balcony as we did in that glorious pool - especially since the weather was *perfect* just about the whole weekend we were in Milwaukee. Here are all three of us cousins - me, Everett and Juno, going for a dip with our parents -
And here's me and Everett enjoying the water with Mommy and Daddy...
And here's just me, showing off my jumping skills :-)
Back inside, although our apartment was a super spacious three bedroom, and Mommy and Daddy enjoyed a comfy big bed in the master bedroom, Everett's and mine sleeping arrangements were a little less than orthodox. For instance, instead of sleeping on the nice high bed, Daddy moved the mattress in my room down to the floor (apparently I do quite a bit of thrashing about when I sleep at night, and Daddy and Mommy were convinced I'd thrash myself right off that high bed...)
I found the bed-fort that Daddy build for me quite comfy, though, thank you, and slept in quite a bit during the weekend, much to Mommy and Daddy's (pleasant) surprise...
And Everett? Well, he decided to take a page from my playbook, and moved into the quietest, darkest room in the apartment... AKA, the closet...
(Even though I have to agree that it's the most soothing place to sleep, I still think that there's something not quite right about Mommy and Daddy sticking their babies in the closet whenever they travel...)
When he wasn't stuck in the closet, though, Everett seemed to enjoy lounging in the uber-comfy lazyboy chair the most -
Though he did specifically ask me to say - "No comments about the morning hair, please!"
He also said that he felt a little under-represented in the previous blog posts from Milwaukee - since Everett naps quite a bit more than me, he was afraid that it might appear that he wasn't making it out to enjoy the city quite as much as I was, which most decidedly was not the case, as this frolic near and in the Milwaukee Art Museum fountains should demonstrate...

Yep, I think that Everett enjoys Milwaukee just as much as I (and Daddy) do!
We can't wait for Milwaukee 2011 - the only question is, do we come back for the Wisconsin State Fair, or for Polishfest?








1 comment:
You're welcome, Jasper! Thanks for coming to visit! (PS I think you should come for the State Fair)
Post a Comment