Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back to routine

Well, we've been back home for three days now since our great Milwaukee vacation, so Everett and I figured it was about time we got back into our regular Brooklyn routine - especially since the oppressive heat has broken a bit, so we could venture outside a bit.

We started the day with a make-up music class, since we missed one on Monday while in Milwaukee. I did my best to teach Everett all about the percussion - the theme for today's class...

But he didn't seem too interested in actual drumming nearly as much as in continuing to sharpen his emerging teeth...

Then after our naps, we ventured outside to the playground and field across from our house for the first time this week, since it was really the first time the weather was tolerable enough to do that. Luckily, others had the same idea, so we set up a playdate with some of my school friends who I don't see as often now that we are no summer break from school.

Here are the three classmates - me, Leonie and Stella - and Everett and his buddy and Leonie's little brother, Hugo.

I had a ton of fun running around and playing with Leonie and Stella on the stage set up for evening performances in front of the Old Stone House...

And was extra proud of myself for being a very good sharer of my snacks!

Everett, on the other hand, didn't seem like he wanted anyone to get anywhere near his water, especially since he's also very proud of himself for being able to use a straw cup -

Then, just when everyone had to go home and I thought all the fun for the day was over, we ran into more friends! This time it was my cute twin friends, Annie and Maya, who were on the field with their Mom and older brother, Ben.

Usually, I would have been hanging out with the girls, who are my own age, but Ben and I took a sudden liking to each other - even though he's exactly twice as old as I am - and had a blast playing "water squirt war."

I even think I got the best of him once or twice (though definitely not more than that...)

It was nice getting acquainted with Ben, especially since I love learning new tricks from older boys.
And even though there weren't any kids Everett's age for him to play with during this second impromptu playdate, he still seemed to enjoy himself, especially since there were a bunch of toys left lying around by the older kids that he could - yep, you guessed it - chew on to his heart's content!

1 comment:

olga said...

nice hat jasper : )