Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sign Language

Some of you have asked, "Jasper, how do you communicate with Mommy and Daddy?" Well, being trilingual and only 20 months old, it is complicated. For the most part, I understand what's being said to me in Chinese, Polish and English but I get a little confused when I try to say something back. The words are a little jumbled in my brain. So, I've found that my most successful method of communication is sign language. Here are a couple of examples:

More - One of my new favorites. I just busted this out the other week to Mommy and Daddy's delight. They haven't tried to teach me this sign in months. See, I remember things! I also use this to signal when I'm hungry.

And here's my expression after I've gotten "more."

All Done - This was my first sign. You can't really get the full effect from the pictures but imagine me waving my hands furiously. I use this when I'm finished eating or when I've had just about enough with any activity and want to leave RIGHT NOW.

Ch'ing Ch'ing - This means "Thank You" and "Please" in Cantonese. You clasp your hands together and move them up and down. Mommy makes me do this after each meal, before she will let me out of the high chair.

And since I mentioned them in yesterday's posts, here's how I point out all my different facial features. Nose... (no boogers here!)

Ears...

Eye... (Ouch!)

Mouth...

I also really enjoying showing people where my tummy is but Mommy didn't think that that would be an appropriate pictures. Oh well. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Alison said...

We want to see the tummy pictures!!! I'm not sure what her standard is for posting (she did post the I'm So Pretty pictures after all).

Olga said...

Ditto! I want to see the tummy too!