
Today, I went on my first trip "down the shore." For some reason, whenever someone refers to their trip to the Jersey Shore, they always seem to say "down the shore." Does that make sense to you? I know that I might be only 17.5 months old, but I don't think that saying is grammatically correct. Anyhow, Ciocia Ola and Wujek Chris rented a house for a week in Ocean City and since it was Ciocia Ola's birthday this past week, we decided to visit and celebrate her birthday.

We went to the beach right after we arrived. I could not believe it but it was another place where there was sand EVERYWHERE! How could this be? Could there be more than one heaven on Earth? I couldn't help but roll around in the nice soft sand.


I also got a chance to practice my yoga on the beach. How's my downward dog looking?

After we got cleaned up, we went for a walk along the boardwalk.

We visited Playland. I've never seen anything like it before. Amusement park rides, blinking lights and lots and lots of people laughing and screaming. Mommy took me on my first ride on a carousel. At first, I didn't like it at all.

Then, the ride started and the horse started moving up and down. I realized that I was moving around in a circle but Daddy, Babcia and Ciocia Ola were staying still. We kept passing them and passing them.

All that excitement made me hungry so we headed to Daddy's favorite pizza place - Mack & Manco's (this is the main reason Daddy likes coming to the Jersey Shore). I had my first taste of pizza! OK, so it was only crust (since I can eat wheat now and Mommy didn't want to introduce any new spices into my diet just yet) but it was delicious.

To top off our day, we paid a visit to Mr. Peanut.
1 comment:
I received this comment in my email.
Jasper,
“Down the Shore” is generations-old New Jersey dialect, which we who were born there still use with affection.
Grammar has nothing to do with spoken Joisey English!!
Uncle Tony
Anthony Musto, MD, FACS
Post a Comment