Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bard College

This morning, I woke up to a wonderful surprise. Ciocia Ola and Wujek Chris were here to visit! Actually, I only saw Ciocia Ola because Wujek Chris was off riding their horse Poppy. You see, they are in town because Wujek Chris is riding Poppy in a horse show - H.I.T.S. Saugerties. After we reacquainted ourselves, we took a drive to see Bard College. Bard is a small liberal arts college that focuses on the performing and fine arts. It's located in Annandale-on-Hudson; it's near Red Hook and Tivoli and is right across the river from Saugerties. It was moving in day for the new Freshmen. To welcome their arrival, I rang the bells for them.

One of the cool things that we saw was the Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts, designed by Frank Gehry, completed in 2003. Isn't it cool looking?

Don't you think that the college tour thing is starting just a little bit early? I mean, I'm only 17 months old. But I have to admit, it is pretty here.

In the afternoon, we played around at the house and then decided to go for a swim at the Village Beach. Ciocia Ola played a trick on me - she kept making my foot disappear in the sand and then reappear again! I don't know how she did it.

No comments: