Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Week 2 in the Berkshires

Our second week in the Berkshires brought lots more fun and excitement. First, Dziadek came to visit. He was on his way up to Canada and stayed with us for a few days. We played together and spent lots of time outside. He was excited to explore the outdoors with me.


This week has also been filled with lots of cultural outings. First, we went to the Tanglewood Jazz Festival over the weekend. It was my first concert! We heard music from Kevin Mahogany's Kansas City Revue staring Cyrus Chestnut & Red Holloway and featuring Kathy Kosins & the Chuck Bergeron Trio; BossaBrasil; and the Maria Schneider Orchestra. It was great. I got to spend time outside lying on my back, listening to music and staring at the trees. It was almost like the leaves were dancing to the music!


The next day, we visited Chesterwood - the home of Daniel Chester French. the sculptor of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. We got to see his residence and studio nestled in the Berkshire hills. The best part was that there was an outdoor exhibition of contemporary sculpture on the grounds. There were lots of fun sculptures and some weird ones too.

Here I am with "Mortar Launcher" by Gordon Chandler


Dziadek is looking at "Sol and Me Up a Tree" by Lillian Mulero. I wanted to see too so I grabbed the binoculars from him.

And here we are, three generations of Dawidowicz men under "Tendrils" by George Sherwood.


Yesterday, we drove all the way up to North Adams to go to the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MassMOCA) - one of Mommy and Daddy's favorite museums. It used to be an old mill but they have converted it into beautiful galleries. There are usually some pretty crazy large exhibitions.

Look, I blend into the art...but it's just my shadow.

After visiting the museum, Dziadek left to continue his trip north to Canada while Mommy, Daddy and I took a walk along the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail. It's an old railroad track that they have converted into a recreational trail. It runs 11 miles between Lanesboro and Adams and meanders along a nice lake. Mommy and Daddy have fond memories of running along this trail while they were training for a marathon, except that Daddy had food poisoning and wasn't feeling so hot.

Sometimes I just wish that they would leave me alone so that I can take a little nap...

No comments: