Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bad day

Today was a bad day. A very bad day. The kind of day when you would not want to be Jasper Henry Yu-Dawidowicz. Trust me.

It all started well enough, when Mommy and Daddy took me for a nice walk, but then things took an ugly turn, when instead of going to the park like we usually do, we instead somehow wound up at the pediatrician's office. I had been to this place a few times before, once soon after I was born and again about 3 months ago, and every time we go, I get stuck full of needles. They hurt! A lot. Mommy and daddy call them "vaccines." I call them "bloody hell."

This is how I wind up looking after one of these visits:


Then, after we got home, Daddy put me in my Bumbo seat for a while, on the pediatrician's orders, so that I would learn to sit up right better, since apparently I'm a little behind in that category. I believe the word that I overheard the pediatrician use was "lazy"...

Since Daddy wanted to be able to keep an eye on me while he did a little work and I was in the Bumbo chair, he put me up on the bed... which was not very steady... let's just say that things once again turned out badly for me...



But the biggest indignity of the day was my attire. Not only was I stuck full of needles, not only was I allowed to tumble head over heels out of my chair, but I was forced to wear this:

Red Sox? RED SOX???!!! What were Mommy and Daddy thinking? I hate the Red Sox! Yuck, yuck, yuck! Don't they know my plan to become the short stop for the *Yankees*??? Daddy got to wear a Yankees shirt, what about me? Just because I can't dress myself yet does not mean I enjoy being mocked.

And to add insult to injury, this bib was added to my ensemble at dinner time - need I say more about my day?


I guess the only silver lining on this very, very gloomy day was that the pediatrician, before sticking me full of needles, measured my head circumference, and I am happy to report that I have made spectacular progress - my head has grown from the 23rd percentile of babies my age at the last visit in July, to the 64th today. Ha! Soon I'll be able to use my big brain to make sure days like this are not allowed to happen to me anymore.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Jasper! That is terrible...the shots may be good for you, but I can't believe your parents put you in Red Sox gear. Don't worry, we'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Bad, bad, parents...

Rebecca Yu said...

Unforgiveable. Even on a day when you're getting shots. (Exactly what part of your body was being injected??) Red Sox attire in the Bumbo chair - I'd fall over and hide, too.

Alison said...

Jasper, if your parents ever yell at you in the future you can point to these pictures and tell them it was all their fault. They owe you for this one. Go Yankees!