Yesterday was my 5th month birthday. In celebration of my big day, I took a trip into Manhattan with Mommy and Yee-Ma to visit the Guggenheim Museum and to have a play date with Aiden, Auntie Laurie and Uncle Andy (Yee-Ma's friend). It was my first trip on public transit - both subway and bus!! It was definitely a new experience for me, much different from riding in the car in my car seat. It was fun to see lots of people in the subway car and I enjoyed the movement of the train as we sped along towards Manhattan. The only thing I didn't like was the train conductor yelling over the loud speaker. He wasn't using his inside voice.Once we got off the subway, we took the bus a couple of blocks to the museum. I was pooped already from the commute and the heat so I had to take a quick cat nap.
Here we are in the Guggenheim. I LOVED the spiral interior. That Frank Lloyd Wright was a pretty clever guy.
They had a great exhibit on display with lots of pretty lights, reflective surfaces and TVs. I really like looking at lights and other shiny things. They just mesmerize me. Here, Mom and I are walking around on the colored light floor. It's kind of like the dance scene from Saturday Night Fever.
Throughout the exhibit, there were various multimedia pieces, many of which used TVs. I liked the TVs a lot. Mom doesn't let me watch TV at home but she let me stare at these TVs to my heart's content. But I guess if a TV is called "art" it's okay for me to watch. Now I just have to convince Mom that the TV at home is art too...While it doesn't look like I'm that interested, this was one of my other favorite pieces - lots of black and white, high contrast images.

After the museum, we went back to my new friend Aiden's house to play and relax. Aiden's three months older than me and has started to crawl around. I was a bit jealous of his freedom of movement so I tried to crawl too. It didn't work out so well so I just rolled over onto my back and played with the elephant.
Uncle Andy provided endless hours of amusement for both me and Aiden. He's like one big amusement park. Here Aiden is getting a bouncy ride from Uncle Andy. We had lots of fun playing and hopefully we get to play again. I was pooped after my big day in the city but it was a fun adventure.
3 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip to the Guggenheim. When you come visit me we'll watch baseball and football on TV. Maybe you can send your friend Aidan some of those cute pictures of the two of you? I'll bet he wouold enjoy them.
Jasper, Can you come and play with me again the next time you are in New York? I would love another play date!
Jasper, Will you come over and play with me the next time you are in New York? I would love another play date. Aiden
Post a Comment