Monday, July 30, 2007

At Last!!!

You thought that I couldn't do it. You thought that my cheeks were too big and droopy and my neck was too skinny. You thought that I was destined to be a bobblehead for the rest of my life. But no. I have achieved what many other babies my age achieved months ago - HEAD CONTROL!!!

But really, I have been able to hold up my own head for a while now. My neck and back are actually pretty strong. I could hold up my head when I wanted to like when I fly like an airplane or when I would get really excited and I wanted to see something. I just didn't feel like holding it up. I mean, why do it when I had Mom or Dad to support me. I admit, I was a bit lazy. It was so much more comfortable to rest my chin on Mom's shoulder. Plus, I had to keep Mom and Dad on their toes, no? But I guess I had to take responsibility for my own head sometime.
So I'm getting much better at supporting my own head. Here I am sitting up on the couch. So much better than I was a few weeks ago. I'm still wobbly sometimes but I'm working on it.
Mom and Dad make me sit in this ridiculous chair to encourage me to hold my own head up. It's called a Bumbo chair and Mom's friends Linda and Matt got it for me. I kind of like it - it fits me well and is comfy, kind of like a little throne. The only problem is that my legs get caught in the cut-out holes when they take me out of the chair.
But sometimes I get tired of sitting in the chair and just wish that they would stop torturing me. Like in this picture - I'm not happy.

2 comments:

Rebecca Yu said...

OK, Jasper you win. Your cheeks are bigger than your Mom's ever were.

Unknown said...

LOL ;) Jasper, you have a very good sense of humor. I like a good sense of humor... it's not hard to make me crack up!
XO-
Lukie Boy