We're having such a fabulous time in San Francisco - the weather is beautiful (all the more so considering how cool and rainy it seems to have gotten back home in New York), we're getting to spend lots of time with our cousins, and of course, we're doing great morning and afternoon activities, as we always do on our trips. While Jasper and I like to do most of our activities together, every once in a while we split up - or to be more accurate, Mommy and Daddy split us up (something about having to preserve their sanity...)
Anyway, yesterday was such an occasion - while Jasper went to swim class with Keira, I got to spend the afternoon with Daddy, who took me to a great playground we had never been to before, right in downtown San Francisco, at the Yerba Buena Gardens. The playground is a little jewel hidden in plain sight, but perhaps because it's right in the middle of the city, not many people seem to pay attention to it, and it was not very crowded. All the better for me to have lots of fun with Daddy.
There were all kinds of activities, like a big sandbox, with water fountains you can activate yourself with a special switch, and other fun elements, like this ball/barbell thingy that you can rattle around but never quite remove from its hole.
There is also a big jungle gym, a maze and lots of fountains, but he highlight for me was the giant tube slide. At first, I wasn't quite sure what it was...
But then Daddy explained that we had to climb the big staircase and get in from the top. Whoa! You want me to get in there?!
Ummm, are you sure about this Daddy?...
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said, it turned out to be the highlight of the playground.
We ended the day with a couple of rides on the park's great old-time carousel. There were lots of animals to choose from to ride on - camels, lions, zebras - but I decided to go with the traditional horse for my first ride -
Then mix things up with a giraffe for my second ride -
And not only that, but I had such a great time with Daddy yesterday afternoon, that today I decided to bring Jasper to the same playground to show it off. He loved it, and dived head first into all the activities!
Since I knew what the giant slide was all about now, I asked Daddy to go extra fast this time around - and he did...
Though Mommy didn't seem as enamored of my play in the sandbox mixed with fountain water as much as Daddy was yesterday...
Can't wait to see what San Francisco has in store for us for the remainder of our stay!










No comments:
Post a Comment