Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knuffle Bunny LIVE!

Yesterday, Mommy and I went on an adventure yesterday afternoon. First, we walked to the subway. We took the train to Manhattan and got off at 8th Street. Then, Mommy punched an address into her phone and gave it to me. I had to find our way to our final destination. We were the blinking blue dot...

and I followed the black line until we got to the red pin! Here we are! "Wait, where are we Mommy?" I asked.

We arrived at a theatre at NYU and we were going to see a special performance of Knuffle Bunny - a Cautionary Musical! It was my early birthday present from Mommy and Daddy. For those of you who aren't familiar with Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems, it's one of my favorite books. Actually, a series of three books but the musical follows the story in the first book when Trixie and her Daddy go off to the laundromat with Trixie's beloved Knuffle Bunny in tow. But things quickly go all wrong and, well, I don't want to ruin the book for you if you haven't read it yet!


This was my first theatre experience (not counting the puppet shows that I've seen while at school) and I loved it. It was a silly show and they sang silly songs. At the end, the actors even answered questions that kids had about the show. To top it all off, Mommy and I went out to a special pizza dinner afterwards!

Thanks Mommy and Daddy for my birthday present! I had so much fun.

No comments: