You can only imagine my excitement when Daddy told me while he was away for work in San Francisco all last week that when he came home, to make up for the time he'd been away, he'd take me on a ride on a special "air tram."
Air tram, you say? Well, I had no idea what it was, and couldn't wait to find out, so as soon as Daddy came home this weekend and we got our Christmas tree, I announced that I was ready to go on our special trip. To get there, we first took the R choo-choo to Lexington Ave/59th Street, which allowed me to familiarize myself with all kinds of new subway stations in midtown Manhattan that I don't usually get to go past. Then, once we got off, Daddy had a "pre-treat" treat in store for me (no pun intended) and took me on a tour of Dylan's Candy Bar, a huge and exciting candy store, the biggest in Manhattan! Look at the size of all these lollipops and all this chocolate -
And here's the store founder - Dylan Lauren (daughter of clothing designer) - she seems larger than life, doesn't she?
OK, so once we got warmed up seeing new subway stations and new candy stores, it was time for the main event. I couldn't wait to find out what an "air tram" is, and you can only imagine my excitement when I saw this:
Can you imagine? A choo choo that goes up in the air! Over Manhattan! Over the East River, and to Roosevelt Island!
Daddy made sure I got the best seat right up front...
...all the better for enjoying all the spectacular views of the city and over the river -
What a great ride this was!
I told Daddy that we have to bring Mommy and Everett next time (maybe when it's warmer) - let me know if you want to come with us, too!








3 comments:
I want to come!!!
What's next Jasper? Amtrak? Pedicab? The PATH train? Is there any form of public transportation you haven't tried yet?
me too!
Post a Comment