Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Two Pigs in a Blanket

While we're not exactly two peas in a pod, Everett and I are brothers through and through. We love each other very much and enjoy each other's company. Now that Everett is getting a little older and more sturdy, we have a lot more fun playing together. Usually, we start the morning off visiting each other in bed - either Everett climbs into my big bed or I climb into his crib. Sometimes I get so excited when I wake up that I rush into Everett's room even before he's woken up, like here.

Other times I greet him in the morning with a kiss.

We hang out for a while, cuddling and chatting with each other, giggling, talking about our plans for the day, and generally having a love fest. I also like to do Everett's hair. It's getting really long now! You can almost put it up in a ponytail.

Sometimes when Everett can't fall asleep, I lie in his crib with him and keep him company. Look, like two pigs in a blanket. Look how little Everett looks!

Everett's also learning how to share. He was even gracious enough to share his pacifier with me. Does it count as sharing if I grab it from him?

Look, he's trying to give me both pacifiers! He doesn't seem to like his pacifier as much as I like mine...I mean liked...mine. I still don't understand why I can't still have one.

And now that he's sitting up solidly, we sometimes get to take baths together. I teach him how to splash so as to get Mommy and Daddy all wet.

I love having a little brother to play with and to keep me company. I'm sad when Everett's not around and I often tell Mommy and Daddy that "I neeeeeeed my Everett." I can't wait until he gets even bigger so that we can play together more!

No comments: