The past week or so, Jasper and I had a bunch of playdates. Here are pictures from a couple of them. First, Jasper had a playdate with his friend Ella from school. Jasper and Coca invited Ella and her babysitter over to our house one day after school to play. They had lots of fun running around the house and drawing on Jasper's chalkboard.
Then, a few days later, Jasper had a playdate with Leonie, another friend from school. Leonie's probably one of Jasper's best buddies at Beansprouts and they are going to be in the same class again next year. Leonie has a backyard at her house and a baby pool set up. Since it was such a hot day, they decided to take a dip. Only problem was that Jasper didn't think to bring his swim trunks. No problem - that's what underwear is for!

Leonie also has a little brother, Hugo, who is a couple of months younger than me so we got to hang out a little bit. Jasper and Leonie worked up quite an appetite from their dip in the pool so they sat down to have snacks while I hung out in Hugo's swing.

Then, this morning, I had a playdate all for myself! It was a birthday party for Desmond - his real birthday party this time, with all his friends, not just me and Jasper like at the Memorial Day barbecue. All Desmond's friends were the younger siblings of Jasper and his friends! For once, the younger siblings were the center of attention as the older siblings weren't invited to the party. Here, Edie and I are getting to know each other as we change into our swim gear. Edie is Henry's younger sister.

Then the birthday boy came sauntering along and strutted his stuff. He can walk!!

It was another hot day so we all went outside for a dip in the pool. We all squeezed in around the edge at first since the water was a bit cold, but I (in the blue hat) slowly eased my way in and splashed everyone around me.

This is fun! Do you think that I'm going to get funny tanlines? No I'm not naked. I'm wearing a swim diaper. You just can't see it because of my belly.

Happy Birthday Desmond! I can't wait to play again. Will you come to my birthday party?


No comments:
Post a Comment