This morning, Mommy and Babcia packed me and Everett up in the car for a trip to Manhattan. Mommy was awfully vague about where we were going. As we got closer, I started to recognize the location - my allergist's office! When we arrived, I kept telling Mommy that "Jasper does not want to be here" but she said something about getting some medicine that would help me avoid getting sick this winter. As most of you know, I'm allergic to eggs. As it happens, when the big pharma companies manufacture the flu shot, it's cultured in eggs and presents a risk for those of us with an egg allergy. So the shot has to be administered under the care of my allergist. After a brief check-up to get a baseline reading on my breathing and health, as well as administering the shot to Mommy and Babcia first, the doctor gave me my flu shot. Everett and Babcia looked on with anticipation.

While I was a bit scared, I did really well. The doctor even gave me this big sticker!

And this extra special shiny bandaid!

Everett was very proud of me. I'm glad that I could set a good example for my little brother.

Now, hopefully I won't get sick this winter.
1 comment:
Yay Jasper!! you're such a big boy now! look how happy Everett is seeing his big brother get stuck with a needle! that's the spirit!
Post a Comment