We just returned from a week on Cape Cod. Sorry for not blogging but hey, a kid's got a right to a vacation too, no? It was such a fun week filled with lots of swimming and beach time along with plenty of trouble-making with my cousins Keira and Juno. I hope that you were able to keep up with our adventures via
Juno's Blog.

We drove up to the Cape last Friday. The best part was that Ah-Boo had arrived and drove the 7 hours with us in the car! We spent Friday evening and Saturday morning with the Santillis (family friends of Mommy and my very own special allergist) at their house in Dennis. You may remember that we had a
special dinner with them the night before my 2nd birthday. Beverly Pau-Pau and John Kung-Kung shared all their special toys with me including a big train set and a magic ball that expands and contracts!

It even turns into a funny hat for John Kung-Kung.

The next morning, we went to the local beach where I got to run in the water and build big sand structures with Beverly Pau-Pau which she then let me stomp on. I had so much fun that I didn't want to leave!

But then it was off to meet the rest of the family - Coufou, Couma, Keira, Yee-Ma, Juno and Ying Jiah-Jiah (Juno's au pair). We were staying in a big house with a big yard in Eastham. It was very close to lots of bay beaches and a couple of fresh water kettle ponds which meant that I got to swim and play in the sand every day!! My favorite place was Wylie Park which offered swimming in the Great Pond and a playground to run around in afterwards. The best part was that the pond has a dock which all the kids could jump off of. You've seen some of the pictures already. Plus, there were lots of rocks at the bottom of the pond that I used to practice my pitching - but not in the direction of other people or kids of course.


The other beach that we went to a lot was Boat Meadow Beach, just about a half mile away from our house. It was a quiet, mellow little beach that never got super crowded. The water does not get too deep so you could run way out in to the water. Do you see Yee-Ma and Juno in the background to the left of the big rock?

Here Mommy and Ying Jiah-Jiah are walking back to the beach with me since the tide started coming in rather quickly.

There were also lots of crabs, clams and mussels on the beach. Coufou pointed them out to me and we are on the trail of one big crab.

The next time we were there, I thought that I would dig and see if I could find any for dinner.


I also learned lots of new things on this trip - like how to fly a kite with Daddy...

How to play cards with Ah-Boo and Juno...

And how to play dominoes with Keira.

We also visited some of the other towns on the Cape like Brewster where we went to the
Cape Cod Museum of Natural History and Provincetown which is on the very tip of the Cape.


And, of course, there was plenty of goofing off amongst us kids. There were lots of ways for the three of us to get into trouble and we had fun hanging out together.



Ahhhh, a relaxing week on the Cape.
1 comment:
Jasper, looks like you had a great time!!
Post a Comment