Monday, August 10, 2009

Visit from Dziadek

It's been a long time since I've last seen Dziadek. He went on vacation a couple weeks back and drove around the country, making stops at all the national parks. It was so nice to see him after all these weeks. We were supposed to have a Dawidowicz outing to the Catskills to pick blueberries at Mommy and Daddy's friend's Nicole and Rob's house. Remember we went last year? Well, we were on our way when we hit major traffic near Yankees Stadium in anticipation of the Yankees-Red Sox game. So, instead of slogging ahead, we turned around and went to the water park on the West Side of Manhattan.

It wasn't exactly the same as swimming around in a pond up in the Catskills but I had fun cooling splashing around. Afterwards, we took a walk down the West Side and guess what we saw in the river? Choo-Choos! Daddy thought I was crazy when I started yelling about choo-choos and pointing to the river but there they were, a whole barge full of them heading out to the Rockaways. Apparently, they use decommissioned subway cars to create artificial reefs to replenish some of the lost habitat in the area. Pretty neat, huh? I told you that choo-choos were cool.

1 comment:

olga said...

Jasper look out, she's bigger than you.

Dziadek said you can say more words now: "No Way" when being given a food you don't want, "kolko" (circle) when setting up your train track and "do domu" (let's go home).
Good job!