Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Half Birthday!


Do you know what today's date is? Hmmmm?? It's February 15th. Does that mean anything to you? It's my half birthday silly! Since my birthday is in August and I won't be in school to celebrate with all my friends, we decided to celebrate my half birthday at school today. You see, at my school, we get to have a very special birthday circle. Mommy came to school (with a special guest - Ciocia Olga!!) to read me and my friends a book, share some pictures of me growing up, and bring cupcakes for everyone. Here's Mommy reading one of my favorite books - The Bugabees: Friends with Food Allergies. Don't laugh.


Where was I you ask? I was sitting back in the corner. You see, birthday circle takes place after nap. Usually, I'm one of the last children to wake up and the teachers let me continue sleeping while everyone else gets up and plays. But, since it was my birthday circle, well, they had to wake me up a bit early. I was a little cranky and wasn't quite ready to celebrate my half birthday. I needed some time and space.


But eventually, I warmed up. Just in time for cupcakes!



Mommy was a little worried that I wouldn't eat my cupcake since I haven't eaten one before...ever. But, since it was my half birthday, I decided to give it a try. And I liked it!!




After cupcakes, it was dancing time to shake out some of the sugar.


Then, it was time to leave and pick up Jasper. Since I'm now two and a half, I got to ride on the buggy board with my birthday crown!

1 comment:

Juno said...

Happy Half Birthday Everett!