The weather has been occasionally cold and rainy lately, so Jasper and I have been opting for indoor activities, rather than our usual outdoor ones. Last weekend one such activity was going to IKEA - Mommy dropped us off there with Daddy while she went food shopping at a supermarket down the street. Well, we never let Daddy end an IKEA trip without buying something small for us, and this time was no different. We convinced Daddy to buy us some new paints and paint brushes, which was a good thing, because later in the afternoon it was still too cold to go outside but perfect for an indoor activity. And we were ready: arts and crafts afternoon!
Mommy set up the dining table for us, we donned our smocks and got ready to paint. I decided that I would paint an elephant, like I do when Ms. Rosalba, my teach at school, gives me brushes and paints during art class.
Jasper was very methodical about his painting, and seemed to have a very clear picture in his mind of what he wanted his painting to be. He ever sketched it out for himself ahead of time, leaving nothing to chance.
I, on the other hand, was a bit more of a "mad artiste", using the free-form painting style favored by many modern artists.
But in the end, I painted an elephant just like I said I would. Would elephant like some Puffins?
P.S. - for those of you who might not know, "Puffins" are my favorite cereal and I think elephant would like them too, don't you?






2 comments:
I painted today, too! I put on my black smock and painted my frisbee!
why is this not a favorite video, Mommy and Daddy?
Post a Comment