Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend

I hope you all had a good weekend. I sure did. After Mommy and I shared some quality time together on Saturday morning (which we do every Saturday morning by going to get her a much needed cup of coffee and then a trip to Fairway), we packed everyone up and headed over to DUMBO for the DUMBO Arts Festival. Once we got there, Everett was itching to go to the playground at Pier 1 at the new Brooklyn Bridge Park while I couldn't wait to get down to the festivities. So, we split up. Everett seemed to enjoy himself at the playground.

For those of you who haven't seen Everett is a little while, he's making a little bit of progress in the walking department. While he does enjoying pulling himself up and standing by himself, lately, he's started to show interest in cruising around while holding on to something. Thankfully, I think that we still have a little while to go before he's off and running.

Meanwhile, Mommy and I were watching one of the craziest performances ever - Acrobuffos: Waterbombs! If you can't tell from the title, it involved water fights and water balloons and other crazy stunts. Like blowing up a plastic glove while it's on your head...

and gladiator water balloon fights!

I was mesmerized.

Afterwards, Daddy and Everett headed home while Mommy and I went to Chinatown to meet my new cousin Nathan for his one-month red egg party! He's the son of Phyllis Biu Yee and Jeff Biu Coufou. Since I'm used to having a younger person around the house and helping out, I did what came naturally - I helped 6 Yee Pau feed Nathan his bottle. I liked meeting my new cousin but I was sad that my Everett wasn't there to meet him too.

After all the activity yesterday, I thought that Mommy and Daddy would just want to lay low today...but no. Today was the 36th annual Atlantic Antic! It's pretty much the biggest street party in Brooklyn, drawing over 1 million people. You may remember that we went last year. My favorite part of the event is the annual NYC Transit Museum Bus Festival with 6 newly restored vehicles on view. We even got to ride on the bus that Ralph from the Honeymooners drove! Check it out!

What a weekend! I'm beat!!

P.S. Apparently FLOTUS has been reading our blog. After we visited Stone Barns last weekend, she decided to play copy-cat and brought a whole delegation of first ladies to visit last week!

1 comment:

olga said...

i think i want to go to Stone Barn too!