Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busiest day - EVER

Wow, today was the busiest day I've had in a long, long time - maybe ever. It of course began when I woke up, which was a bit early, so it was still too dark out to go out for the day, I decided to spend some time playing with Bunny. Since I've been observing Mommy carrying Everett around in a special baby carrier strapped to her front, I thought I'd do the same - and fashioned one for myself. What do you think - does Bunny look comfy?

But once the sun came out, it was time to go out for a day full of activities. First thing in the morning, we all packed up in the car and headed out - but then, Mommy and Everett dropped me and Daddy off in Oakland's Jack London Square, while they headed off to San Francisco in the car.

You might remember that I visited Jack London Square the last time I was in Oakland, during Christmas 2008. While the square hasn't changed much since then, I've sure grown a bit.


And of course you know the best part of Jack London Square, don't you? OK, I'll give you a hint...

Is that a choo-choo I hear coming?


It sure is! As a matter of fact, Jack London Square might be the best place in the world to watch choo-choos - they roll right down the middle of the street! Right there next to the cars and trucks and sidewalk. Who could have imagined such a thing? It's almost too much for a little boy like me to handle. I mean, you can practically stand right next to the trains as they roll by. Let's just say that I got Daddy to spend quite a bit of time watching the trains go by...


But as it turned out, this was not the reason we came to this part of Oakland at all. No, instead it was because this is where the ferry to San Francisco leaves from. You see, the reason Mommy and Everett dropped us off here was because Daddy and I would get to take the big boat ferry to meet them on the other side of the bay!

I had lots of fun on the ferry, checking out all the huge ships in the ports along the way, and hanging out on the outdoor deck.

Whew, I feel like I've had a full day already, but not even close. Because when we got to San Francisco, we went straight to Ah-Boo's new apartment near the waterfront - and guess what? The building where she lives now has a giant "basen" (that's what I call a pool - in Polish.)

It took me no time at all to change into my bathing trunks and dive into the water.


It was especially fun, because Everett got to go into a pool for the very first time in his life. I think he really enjoyed it, even if he didn't quite adjust his facial expression to reflect it...

All that playing in the pool tuckered us both out, so after a big lunch, both Everett and I took nice long naps. And I definitely needed mine, since in the afternoon Ah-Boo took me on a new choo-choo ride (I apparently wore out Mommy, Daddy and Everett by this point in the day, and they decided to stay home to watch the Olympics.)

This new choo-choo that Ah-Boo introduced me to is called the Caltrain, and it leaves right from San Francisco, near Ah-Boo's house, to go all the way South past Silicon Valley. Ah-Boo and I just took it to Millbrae, which was plenty exciting for me. Ah-Boo forgot to bring a camera, but just so you get a taste of the treat I had, this is what the Catrain looks like:

Big, huh? What a great end to a super-busy - but also super-fun - day!

1 comment:

olga said...

that's a lot of choo-choos!! looks like you are having a great time! maybe you can take the caltrain back to NY?