Ah, the day after Labor Day. Guess that means that summer is officially over. Today was the first day of school for the public schools in New York. There was a buzz in the air all around Park Slope this morning as parents readied their kids for class, snapping pictures all along the way, and all the kids were giddy with excitement. I too was excited this morning. Mommy, Daddy, Yee-Ma and I all left the house for an adventure and I was ready with my backpack.

We walked through the neighborhood but instead of walking up towards the park, we kept walking straight. Hmmm, are we taking a new route to the playground? Or maybe we're going to a new sandbox? After a couple of minutes, we arrived at Myriams's and I knew something was fishy. After Momy and Daddy exchanged a few words with Myriam, they all left!! What's going on??? Little did I know, today was my first day of daycare.

After a few... OK about 20 minutes of crying, I was OK and started having fun playing with the other kids and all the new toys. We took a fun trip to the playground and then before I knew it, it was 11:30am and Daddy was there to pick me up! I was having so much fun that I didn't even notice the time pass. When I got home, I ran right past Mommy to greet all my toys. Myriam said that I passed with flying colors and that I should be ready to spend the whole day with her tomorrow. I can't wait to play with all my new friends!
2 comments:
Congratulations on your first day of daycare Jasper!
Jasper - you did so well on your first day. I hope your second day is even better. You're such a big boy already!
Post a Comment