Saturday, October 20, 2007

New Friends

One of the best things about visiting the Bay Area has been meeting lot of new friends. Aside from meeting Mommy and Daddy's friend Nicole, I also met Mommy's friend Dina. Mommy and Dina have been friends for quite some time so I was excited to meet her. We spent some time on the couch getting to know each other. I asked her about work and she told me funny stories about her and Mommy when they were at Stanford together.

Today, we had brunch with Mommy's friends Elizabeth and Greg. I was a little shy when we first met them but eventually Elizabeth won me over with her big smile and by playing peek-a-boo with me. I really do love playing peek-a-boo.

But they saved the best part for after we finished eating. I thought that we were just going back to the car so that we could go home but we ended up back at Elizabeth and Greg's car. Out of the back of their emerged a big, brown, furry animal - Brando! Brando is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. You can tell because he has a beautiful ridge of hair on his back that runs in the opposite direction to the rest of his coat.

Brando looks a lot like my blue puppy and the puppy dog on my hoodie sweatshirt except that unlike those other doggies I'm used to, THIS ONE MOVES! And, he licks little boys' faces - i.e. MY FACE! At first that was a little scary, but once I realized that Brando was only going to lick me and not use his big teeth on me, I was much more comfortable petting his nice shiny coat :-)

I can't wait to have a Brando of my own one day...

No comments: