Happy Birthday to me!
It's hard to believe that I turned FIVE today. For some reason, five feels like a much bigger number than four did, and I feel like a much bigger person. I really feel like I've grown so much over the past year, and am no longer just a toddler but have become a real big boy, who can do so many things - like swim and read and and have drop-off play dates and ski and travel well and play with and keep an eye on my little brother, and countless other things.
And of course you know what having a birthday means, don't you? P-A-R-T-Y! Or to be more accurate, as has somehow become tradition in our family, multiple birthday parties, with today being just the first in a series (more about the rest as they happen over the coming week(s)...) But what a great party to have on my actual birthday - my "birthday circle" at school!
I was so excited to have Daddy and Ah-Boo come to my school to help me celebrate my birthday with my friends (this was a first for Daddy, since Mommy usually does birthday circles for me and Everett, but today Mommy had a doctor's appointment during which she unfortunately found out that she will need some serious surgery on the damaged ACL in her knee :-(
As is our school tradition, all of my friends and I made birthday crowns during the early part of the day, and by the time Daddy and Ah-Boo arrived, we were seated in our circle. To kick things off, Daddy read one of my favorite books to the class (while I showed the illustrations to all my friends and helped turn the pages)...
Then, I showed all my friends pictures of me from the past five years, starting with the day I was born, and continuing with pictures from my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th birthdays, so everyone could see how I've been growing and how much I've changed...
And then, the main event - a candle to blow out for me, and cupcakes to eat for all my friends. I loved it!
And as if that wasn't enough excitement, in the afternoon, 5 Yee-Pau, Dee Biu Coufu and Jeff Biu Cofu came over to help me celebrate as well, and Ah-Boo took all of us out to dinner at my favorite restaurant - thanks, Ah-Boo.
And thank YOU, everyone, for all the birthday wishes and gifts! I had a great birthday!




2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jasper! Sorry we called so late and you were already asleep. I hope you had a great day - sure looks like you did!
Happy Birthday, Jasper!!! I can't believe you boys will be off to kindergarten this year! I'm glad you had such a great day!
Post a Comment