Monday, September 28, 2009

"Another Choo-Choo"

You'll never believe this, but recently I've felt like maybe I've been riding the New York City Subway a little too much. After all, there are only so many times I can get Daddy to take the F choo choo out to Coney Island with me, before I have to yawn a bit and say, been there, done that.

Now mind you, I'm *not* saying that I've grown tired of riding choo-choos. Not at all. I just feel like it's time to expand my horizons a bit, and since Dziadek is in town, I decided to do just that. You see, a few months ago, when I was staying and Dziadek and Babcia's house in New Jersey, they took me on the PATH train than runs from near their house to Philadelphia. I've always remembered that trip, and have been referring to it as "another choo choo", to distinguish it from "this subway choo choo."

So I reminded Dziadek about "another choo choo" and guess what? It turns out there is ANOTHER "another choo choo" right near our house here in Brooklyn. It's called the Long Island Rail Road, or LIRR for short - and yesterday Dziadek took me for a ride!

Oh what fun. The train cars are different from the subway...


And the seats are different...

And the views are different...

And as if that wasn't enough, we took the LIRR choo choo all the way from the Flatbush Avenue station near our house to the Jamaica station in Queens, and then we switched to ANOTHER choo choo - the AirTrain! The AirTrain connects the LIRR station to JFK airport, so we decided to visit one of the terminals to get a drink and check some ticket prices. Are you planning to take me on a trip to Poland, Dziadek?

By this point, all the choo choo riding and running around the airport terminal made me very, very tired, and as I've told you all time and time again, you know what happens when Jasper gets tired...

By the way, some of you may be wondering where Everett has been during all the adventures I've been having with Dziadek. Unfortunately, he has been feeling a bit under the weather - it seems my little brother has caught his first cold, so he has been staying at home with Mommy, where she can keep him nice and bundled up and warm.

The cold sure doesn't seem to be slowing down the alarming growth of Everett's cheeks, though, does it?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, Chuck! Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Are you sure your brother's not having an allergic reaction??